According to the Mayo Clinic, atopic dermatitis (eczema) signs and symptoms vary widely from person to person and include:
- Dry skin
- Itching, which may be severe, especially at night
- Red to brownish-gray patches, especially on the hands, feet, ankles, wrists, neck, upper chest, eyelids, inside the bend of the elbows and knees and in the face and scalp
- Small, raised bumps, which may leak fluid and crust over when scratched
- Thickened, cracked, scaly skin
- Raw, sensitive, swollen skin from scratching
5 Things You Can Do To Prevent Flare Ups
- Use products with quality that address dryness, allergens, bacteria, and provide a protective barrier.
- Identify and avoid triggers: sweat, stress, obesity, soaps, detergents, dust and pollen.
- Moisturize skin twice a day to seal in moisture.
- Use only clean beauty products without fragrance, synthetic ingredients or any other skin irritants.
- Reduce time in the shower and limit hot showers. You can also try an aromatherapy massage after a warm bath.
We understand the struggle to find clean products that help with making your life a little easier dealing with eczema. We would recommend our Marshmallow Body Collection that helps with eczema flare ups, psoriasis, wound healing and sensitive skin. It also contains high doses of flavonoids, as well as vitamins C and E that protect the skin.