Let's face it, sensitive skin is a real issue when it comes to applying products to your skin, so we decided to share our 5 Tips for a Transformational Skin Care Routine with you. Bearded Beau's and Beauty Belle's can implement this Skin Care Routine.
1. Drink Plenty of Water: Usually skin care routines start with directions for the application of products but completely overlook the most important factor for clear skin and that's drinking an adequate amount of water. Your skin care routine should always start with drinking plenty of water. It helps flush out toxins and hydrate your skin. (We prefer Alkaline Water)
2. Healthy Diet: Studies show that people who have a healthier gut microbiota may have a healthier fatty acid profile in their skin, meaning their skin is more moisturized, hydrated and protected. Studies show that our gut bacteria can also influence our mood, weight, blood sugar levels and our body's ability to fight infections. Here's some suggestions that you can add to your diet. (Walnuts, Almonds, Pistachio, blackcurrants, blueberries, broccoli, guava, kiwi fruits, oranges, papaya, strawberries and sweet potatoes. Vitamin C is needed to produce collagen that strengthens the capillaries that supply the skin. Salmon, mackerel, and herring, are excellent foods for healthy skin. They're rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for maintaining skin health)
3. Proper Rest: Your body boosts blood flow to the skin while you snooze, which means you wake to a healthy glow. Skimp on sleep and your complexion can look drab, ashen, or lifeless. (We suggest 6-9 hours of sleep a night)
4. Wear Sunscreen: Sunscreen protects us from damaging UV rays. Even on cloudy days, our skin is susceptible to the sun's rays which can lead to skin cancer, discoloration, and wrinkles over time. (We suggest Vegan Sunscreen)
5. Vegan Skin Care Products: Better for those who have sensitive skin because they're composed of fewer ingredients than some non-vegan cosmetics. The addition of additional ingredients can increase your chances of developing a rash, acne, dry skin and so on. (We suggest our Skin Care Bundle)